PN EN ISO 22716. Good Manufacturing Practices of Cosmetics (GMP)
ISO 22716 Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) - A Guide to Good Manufacturing Practices was implemented to provide guidelines for the production, control, storage and dispatch of cosmetic products. The guide puts emphasis on the quality and safety of cosmetics production, as well as tracking and responsibility in the product production and shipment process. ISO 22716 is structured to complement and extend industry aspects of existing management systems such as ISO 9001.
What is the ISO 22716 standard?
ISO 22716: 2009 is a tool that allows to meet legal requirements, according to which all cosmetic products must be made based on Good Manufacturing Practice for cosmetics.
ISO 22716 Good Manufacturing Practice emphasizes the quality and safety of cosmetics production as well as the control and proper storage of cosmetics.
Implementation and certification of ISO 22716: 2007 helps ensure that the cosmetic product has been manufactured, controlled and stored in an appropriate manner, which is the basis for the launch of a safe product on the market.
ISO 22716 Certification
The ISO 22716 certificate is addressed to companies that want to confirm compliance with Good Manufacturing Practice requirements for the production, control, storage and dispatch of cosmetic products.
The implementation of the guidelines contained in the standard is mandatory for cosmetics companies, while the certification itself is voluntary.
The ISO 22716 certificate issued by the Accredited Certification Body is, however, the simplest and most convenient way for the manufacturer to demonstrate compliance with the obligation to meet the requirements of Good Manufacturing Practice.
SIX STEPS FOR CERTIFICATION
1. Completing the certification questionnaire for the Certification Body to prepare an offer containing the costs and planned duration of the assessment.
2. 1st stage of the assessment: verification of documentation related to Good Manufacturing Practice and planning of the assessment on site.
3. 2nd stage of the assessment: visit of TÜV SÜD auditors at client's locations to assess the functioning of Good Manufacturing Practices
4. Sending the Assessment Report to the company. In case of non-compliance: the client introduces corrective actions.
5. Decision on granting certification and issuing a certificate.
6. Certificate sending, supervisory assessments to assess the effectiveness and functioning of ISO 22716 take place every year. After 5 years, recertification takes place.
How can we help you?
TÜV SÜD employs experienced experts and auditors in the field of Good Manufacturing Practices of Cosmetics. TÜV SÜD is a global leader in certification. We will help you determine your options and minimize potential risk. Thanks to cooperation with us, you will receive confirmation of your company's adjustment to international standards.
In preparation for the audit, we invite you to read the information on the certification of the production process of cosmetic products in accordance with the requirements of ISO 22716 (Polish only)