In recent years, customer expectations in terms of quality and safety of household products and personal hygiene have increased. Because these products have a direct impact on the health and safety of consumers, buyers and quality managers in retail have decided that more transparency was needed on how to produce these products to gain more confidence in the market.
What is IFS HPC?
In 2006, in order to meet these expectations of consumers, IFS together with international stakeholders (companies, retailers, certification bodies, etc.) from France, Germany and Italy, began to create the first version of the IFS standard for household and personal hygiene products (IFS HPC).
The standard was developed to include key aspects of the Quality Management System in companies producing household and personal hygiene products (e.g. risk management, traceability, customer specifications, corrective actions).
The purpose of the IFS HPC standard is to test products / processes at suppliers producing household and personal hygiene products.
How can IFS HPC certification help?
The audit should be carried out by an independent accredited body such as TÜV SÜD Polska.
Auditors first review existing procedures and instructions (documentation review), then assess whether the procedure contained in the documentation functions in the company (i.e. is implemented).
Generally, during the IFS audit, the auditor assesses whether individual elements of the company's quality management system are documented, implemented, maintained and constantly improved.
The auditor examines the following items:
- organizational structure with regard to responsibility, decisions, qualifications and job description;
- documented procedures and instructions for their implementation;
- control and testing: specific requirements and specific acceptance / tolerance criteria;
- actions to be taken in the event of non-compliance;
- investigation of the causes of non-compliance and implementation of corrective actions;
- analysis of compliance of safety and quality data and review of implementation in practice;
- handling, storage and retrieval of quality records, such as traceability and document oversight data.
After successful completion of the audit, a certificate is issued
How can we help?
TÜV SÜD is a global leader in the field of certification, which has currently issued over 54,000 certificates. Through many years of experience and competent auditors, we provide organizations with support and independent evaluation at every stage.
We have a Polish auditor in the area of IFS HPC in the field of cosmetics and household chemistry. Our IFS HPC auditors can perform an audit anywhere in the country and the world, as well as perform an IFS HPC audit integrated with other management systems. With the TÜV SÜD certification mark, you can prove your commitment to providing safe products, services and consumers.